Friday, November 2, 2012

He Had His Cake (and ate it, too)..new sketch blog!

My Scraps & More is so excited to announce their new sketch blog!!  We are no strangers to sketches at the My S&M site...every Friday there was a new, exclusive sketch posted, and there was also a monthly sketch challenge on the blog, too. So Tammi decided to put it all in one place! Most of the sketches are exclusively designed by Kristine Davidson, as well as some other sketch artists, too.

There will be a new sketch posted every Friday, and there is a weekly as well as monthly drawing for prizes from the store.

So to kick off the blog, here is my first layout:


based on this sketch by Kristine:

I  used my October Scrapbook Circle kit.  I love the mix of papers and embellies in this month's kit.

I started my page by painted a grey-ish circle on the background with some mist and then stitched around it with white thread.  I made some star shapes with my stencil and some molding paste, inked through a patterned strip stencil with black ink, and then splattered some yellow mist.


I layered some die cuts and outlined them with a black pen to make them stand out.  I also traced through my arrow stencil with a black pen.


Finally, I made a little cluster of embellies and stickers for journaling.  On the wood veneer speech bubbles, I cut off the little tip of the speech bubble to make a plain rectangular shape instead of the speech bubble.


I hope you will stop by the blog and participate!!  And also stop by the message board and see all the things going on!

4 comments:

Diana Waite said...

I LOVE this layout! I really like how you created the circle with ink/stitching on the background--AWESOME!!

Tracey said...

I love this! What a fabulous page and such fun pictures!

Unknown said...

Such a fun page! The circle looks so cool on this page!

lisa said...

How Cute : )
Gorgeous layering x